MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Disney Cruise - Packing List

I had a hard time getting my head around what to pack for a 7-day cruise, so I thought I would share my list with you:

CLOTHING – 8 days
7 dinners (no tank tops or shorts allowed in Disney dining rooms)
DH – 3 dress shirts/ties, 4 polo shirts
Ann – 3 dressy, 4 casual (capris/skirts), wrap for cold night
kids – 2 button downs, 4 polos, 1 pirate
8 daytime
ann – 3 shorts & 6 tops – mix with evening tops
DH – 3 shorts, 7 tops
kids – 4-5 shorts/tshirts – mix with polo shirts the day after dinner
workout clothes
ann – 2
DH - 3
extra Bathing suit
hats (4)
sandals, dress shoes, tennis shoes
Socks (4 kids, 4 adults)
5 –Underwear (plan for 1 light load of laundry)
Disney tshirts for character signing

HYGEINE
Baby Wipes
Brush with extra ponytails
Clear plastic shoe holder for hanging toiletries on bathroom door
Earplugs
floss/mouthwash
Hair clips
Make-up
Make-up remover
Meds – allergy, Tylenol, benadryl, Dimetapp, mucinex sinus, claritin
Mousse
Nail File
Laundry detergent
Swimmer’s ear medicine
Qtips
Razers
Shaving Cream

OTHER
AAA Batteries for mp3 player
Air freshener
Bible, journal, Bible study, books
Goggles
Gum
Playing cards
Yogurt canisters for pool/sand
Sound machine
Sunglasses x4
Beach Bag/fanny pack
Trash bag for dirty clothes


CARRY-ON ITEMS
2 wallets
Animals/blankets
Boarding passes
Books for D/A/Daniel
Cash or Travelers Checks
Cell Phone/charger
Chapstick
Confirmation #’s
Credit Cards
Cruise Documents & contract
D’s homework
Deodorant
Empty water bottles
Eyeglasses and contact case
Hotel Phone #
Important telephone number/email addresses
List of credit cards & telephone numbers
Medicines/prescriptions – birth control, dramamine
Passport, Birth Certificate, License (have copies with you in a separate place from the originals)
Plastic bag for wet swimsuits
ponytail
Powerbars?
Spare set of casual clothing/underwear for everyone
Sunglasses
Sunscreen
Swimsuit (wear under your clothes on Sat am)
Toothbrush/paste
Sound machine
Camera/charger
Kid’s entertainment – books, markers, journal, mp3/headphones


PLANE CLOTHES
short sleeve shirt with jeans
socks and crocs
fleece pullover (tied around waist and available for plane, dining room, etc..)
DH– hat, watch

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

So that was your actual list. Was there anything you wish you had? Or anything for which you wish you hadn't wasted the space?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

At the last minute, I decided not to take my clear plastic shoe holder for hanging toiletries on bathroom door. I'm glad I didn't take it.

Laundry detergent - I only planned to do 1 load, but I took enough detergent for 2 loads. That was a good choice.

AAA Batteries for mp3 player - I didn't need these, but I'm glad I had them just in case.

I wish I had packed a waterproof watch with an alarm, so I could know the time throughout the day/night.

We took 2 large soft-sided duffle bags, so they could collapse under the bed. We also took a pullman suitcase as our carry-on and a backpack with entertainment/snacks/drinks for the plane.

I was really happy with the rest of the list. I worked r-e-a-l-l-y hard on the list ahead of time - gathering ideas from lots of folks - and the work paid off!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

A woman after my own heart. You already had the sound machine on the list.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home