MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Friday, March 14, 2014

When you think you are unforgiveable and unworthy to serve

Have you ever thought about how God can use your sins and failures for his glory? 

I watched God do that in our church youth group last night. I was part of a panel of 5 brave souls who shared pieces of their life story with 150 or so teens; talking about personal sins, forgiveness, and challenging teens to live a godly and pure life. 

I speak in front of groups often for my job, but I've never shared such personal stories in a large setting, so I was super nervous and way out of my comfort zone.  But I knew without doubt that I was doing exactly what God wanted me to do. 

God wants us to share our stories - to confess our sins and to share the good works that He has done in our lives.  He wants us to share how we fall on our faces, making mistakes that make us feel unworthy and unfit for God's work; then share the rest of the story - how God heals us, and surrounds us with his love, and wipes our slates clean, and asks us to stand up and be his ambassadors again.  With all our sin and shortcomings, he wants us to be his ambassadors, his children, his light.  That is a beautiful picture of mercy and grace.

I'm so glad God forgives us, changes us, and invites us to be his ambassadors. I'm so glad he can redeem the darkest parts of our hearts, and use our stories to bring him glory.

Are there things you have done that you see as unforgiveable?  God will forgive you, if you ask.

Are there things you have done that cause you to hide in shame?  Don't hide anymore.  Talk to a Christian friend or pastor who can help you see the mercy and grace God longs to give you.

Have you allowed yourself to believe that you are unworthy or unfit to represent Christ?  God uses even the lowliest of people to serve him and serve others.  God made you beautiful and he longs to use you to shine his light in your community and around the world. 

Have you ever asked God to be an intimate part of our life?  To save you from your sins and be your friend/father forever?  If you want to know more about that, I'd love to talk to you about it, or you can ask a Christian friend or pastor to tell you more.

Don't let Satan torment you with guilt and shame over past sins. Confess your sins to God and a trusted friend who will give you godly counsel.  Seek to know God, love God and live like him.  He will use you in ways you could never even imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home