MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Spicy Spaghetti


My sister-in-law made this recipe for our family years ago, and we all loved it!  (well, not my youngest two children who only like spaghetti with butter and parmesan, but everyone else)  This week, a friend gave us a whole bag full of cayenne peppers, so we used those in the recipe instead of the cayenne pepper.  It tasted so fresh and wonderful!  I bet if you used tomatoes from your garden instead of tomato soup, that would be amazing too!
---

1lb. lean ground beef

1/4 to 1/2 white onion (this depends on how much onion you like)

1t garlic salt

¼ - ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

½ t black pepper

2t Italian seasoning

2 cans tomato soup

One can cream of mushroom soup (we use the light version)

1-2T Hot Sauce (we use Red Devil)

 
Brown the onion and the beef and add the spices, then drain the fat.

Add the soups and the hot sauce.  Simmer ‘til heated, then serve over spaghetti.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home