MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Self care is not selfish

Visiting with friends today, I was reminded of the importance of moms reminding each other to take care of ourselves.  We need to encourage each other to take time to rest, exercise and fellowship with friends.  We need to remind ourselves to take care of our bodies - getting enough sleep (even if it means leaving the laundry unfolded) and eating well (even if we're grabbing veggies on the go).  We need to steal away to have time with out spouses without the munchkins around.

We need to give ourselves permission to say no to good things, so we have the energy to say YES to the tasks that God has designed for us to do.  We need to say no without feeling guilty, but instead, to be willing to give what we have the capacity to give (no, I can't make 100 cupcakes for the fundraiser this weekend, but I don't mind making a dozen or two) (no, I can't come help in the class every week, but I would love to come the first Tuesday of each month!). 

Self care is not selfish.  Self care is taking care of our hearts, minds and bodies, so we have the physical, mental, spiritual and emotional energy to take care of our hubbies, our kiddos, and the other important things that God wants us to do.

Pray that God would help you clearly see the mission he has on the horizon for you.  Pray that he would help you clearly see what tasks you need to do, what needs to go on the backburner, and what you need to say no to.  Pray that God would refresh your mind, body and soul, so you can do HIS good works and give him glory.  Pray that he would use these broken vessels of ours, fill them up with HIS strength, and use us to shine light in this dark world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home