MommySecrets

Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but it has brought me so much joy! I want to encourage other moms on their journey, I'll share motherhood tricks, spotlight tips I've learned from friends, and I hope you will share your ideas. I will focus on secrets that help families stay balanced, healthy, frugal, creative, and closely knit. I will also share favorite fiction and nonfiction books that I have enjoyed. Many blessings to you on your mothering journey!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Magic Milk Shakes (no milk/ice cream, but tastes like Frosties)

I can't remember where I found this recipe, but it makes yummy 'frosties'!

·         1-1/2 to 2 cups ice water
·         1-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
·         2/3 cup sugar
·         1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
·         1 teaspoon vanilla
·         1 to 1-1/2 trays of ice cubes, as much as you can spare
·         2 tablespoons corn oil plus a 5-second squirt of non-stick spray for emulsification purposes
Place all of the ingredients into the blender, including the oil and the non-stick spray. Use less water for thicker milk shakes and more water for shakes that are easy on your blender motor.  The blender should be about 3/4's full.  Place the lid on.  Process for a full 2 minutes.  Pour into cups and serve.  Makes 4 - 12oz servings. 
Variations:
·         Add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee for a mocha shake
·         Add 1 very ripe banana for a chocolate banana shake
·         Add a big spoonful of peanut butter for a decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake.
·         Add a few broken red and white candy mints for a refreshing Chocolate Mint shake.

·         To make Vanilla Milk Shakes, omit the cocoa powder, reduce the sugar to 1/2-cup and add 1 tablespoon (yes a full tablespoon) of vanilla flavoring.  For a french vanilla milk shake crack in an egg too.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home